Has anyone done any code for 3d display on 3d compatible tv's
I have to get this working pronto, (usual rubbish, CEO had a meeting, I get email, want's it yesterday)
I have the framework in place and added a red/green stereo mode as well for testing (as usual, I have to code for a device I haven't got yet)
My question is to do with the view frustum.
At the moment I have a fixed focal plane, I'm not at all sure this is correct. I think I may have to move the focal plane to the target's location so the target object is central to the view volume. Not sure.
What I do at the moment is...
1) Work out the physical size of the TV screen from the resolution and DPI
2) Calculate a view frustum based on focal plane, tv size, and desired view depth
3) Create a look at matrix (without the final translation)
4) Rotate the eye offset by the look at matrix
5) Apply the final translation and the eye offset translation
This seems okay most of the time, but when the target object moves away from the view plane, the stereo separation gets very large very quickly.
Anybody done anything like this?