DevLib is a GPL-licensed object-oriented framework written in pure C++. It is designed to make multimedia productions (games, screen-savers, demos..) easier and more intuitive to write. Consequences are a complete abstraction of resources management (fonts, images, 3D meshes, files, zip-archives, sounds..) and rendering operations through 3D hardware.
At this time, DevLib features:
- DevCpp and VC7 compatibility!
- Image : Read/Write PNG/JPG/TGA/BMP formats
- RenderSystem : complete support for DirectX/OpenGL APIs
- SoundSystem : Play MP3/OGG/WAV/XM/MOD..
- XML : Read/Write, DOM-based
- Fonts management : TrueType/Bitmap formats
- Mesh : Read/Write MSH/X formats
- Resource : Read/Write Local/ZipArchive
- Video : Play MPG formats
For more information, visit www.devlib-central.org