itero at October 18th, 2005 14:18 — #1
I'm glad to announce my new game – Cutetris.
Cutetris is a tetris-like game with cute animals. During game creation a lot of time has been spent on making convenient control by mouse. Therefore, please try to play using mouse. Left click will drop figure, right click – rotate it clockwise. You can use mouse wheel to rotate figure. Holding shift and left mouse button will accelerate figure's falling.
There is 7 bonuses:
- Red Bonus – rescue all pets
- Orange Bonus – rescue one line
- Yellow Bonus – rescue two lines
- Green Bonus – rescue figure columns
- Light Blue Bonus – rescue figure rows
- Dark Blue Bonus – rescue identical cages
- Magenta Bonus – rescue identical pets
The faster you play, the more scores you receive. At the right of the game field you can see combo-meter. When it reaches the limit, your score multiplier increases and you receive more score for each rescued pet. After level number you can see "#" and then necessary amount of pets, which you must rescue to proceed to next level.
New pets are added gradually. Levels where you'll meet new pets are 2,4,6,8 and 10.
Help.html file, which must be loaded when you click on Help in main menu, is not presented at this time. I'll add it a bit later. If you have any questions about Cutetris, please ask me here or through email.
In-game screenshot: http://www.rayse.com/cutetris-screenshot.jpg Download Cutetris: http://www.rayse.com/cutetris-2005-10-18.zip (1.09Mb)
Thanks for reading. Hope you'll help me make this game better.
itero at October 19th, 2005 15:40 — #2
Here is a newer version: http://www.rayse.com/cutetra-2005-10-20.zip (1.1Mb)
* Hidden board while game is paused.
* Increased delay before piece's last step.
* Game pausing when focus is lost.
* Application icon added.
ed_mack at October 19th, 2005 17:44 — #3
I _love_ the graphics. /me is a nintendo slut.
bladder at October 20th, 2005 10:04 — #4
The graphics are pretty sweet. I used the mouse for a while but reverted back to the keyboard. It was too easy to make a mistake with the mouse. The game ran perfectly fine - silky smooth.
On a side note: I think (Im not entirely sure though) that you may be in violation of some copyright with this game - IIRC the owner of tetris won a lawsuit that said that people cannot make a game of falling bricks with the letters "tris" in it - just thought I'd mention that so someone can validate this.
methulah at October 21st, 2005 06:16 — #5
Really cool graphics! I love the idea of working with falling block games. I am making a quick mod for Stalker when that comes out. It's called S.T.A.C.K.E.R.
/me commites suicide.
itero at October 22nd, 2005 17:04 — #6
I'm happy to announce new version of Cutetra! Here is a list of changes:
* New title – Cutetra
* Options dialog
* Adjusting music and sound volume
* Toggling instant drop and fast drop
* Toggling full screen mode
* Fast drop mode: Double-click for instant drop
* Polished menu
* Polished game background
* Polished game objects
* Polished fonts
* Polished dialogs and GUI
* 5 polished pets: Cat, Mouse, Frog, Pig and Wolf
* 5 polished cages
* Resume button when game is paused
* Instant drop is accompanied by particles
* Increased delay at last step
* Increased start speed
* Decreased frequency of bonus appearing
* Longer levels
* Sharper fall-place highlight
* Initial highscores is empty
* Background under game messages (Level, Game Over)
* Game messages delay to avoid casual miss
* Smaller exe-file – 120k removed
* Fixed bug: Adding last piece before Game Over and Remove all bonus
* Fixed bug: Executing action for Enter key by Alt-Enter sequence
* Fixed bug: Multiplier and ComboValue don't resets after restart
New screenshot: http://www.rayse.com/cutetra-screenshot.jpg (60k)
Cutetra 2005-10-23: http://www.rayse.com/cutetra-2005-10-23.zip (2.16Mb)
I hope to get feedback about new version.
itero at October 23rd, 2005 14:45 — #7
I've created pre-release version of Cutetrix. It's a limited version (60 minutes) but I'll give a key with pleasure for your constructive feedback. Here is a list of changes:
* New title – Cutetrix
* Polished icon
* More sounds
* Registration dialog
* Trial version
Download Cutetrix: http://www.rayse.com/cutetrix-pre-release.zip (2.29Mb)