SAN FRANCISCO, /PRNewswire/ -- The 18th annual Game Developers Conference (GDC) will spotlight the "Doom" creator, the "Matrix" films visual effects supervisor and the "Lord of the Rings" game developer as keynotes March 22 - 26, 2004 in San Jose, Calif. The conference is the world's largest trade event exclusively devoted to game creation, featuring more than 300 lectures, panels, tutorials and roundtable discussions across seven content tracks.
Keynote speakers are:
- Visual Arts track: John Gaeta, visual effects supervisor on the feature films "The Matrix," "The Matrix Reloaded" and "Matrix Revolutions." He won both an Academy Award and a BAFTA award for his work on "The Matrix."
- Production track: David Perry, president, Shiny Entertainment, a 21-year game industry veteran. His last project was the No. 1 game "Enter the Matrix."
- Programming track: John Carmack founder/owner/lead programmer, id Software, whose credits include blockbuster hits "Doom," "Quake" and "Wolfenstein." He is currently working on the highly anticipated "Doom III."
- General Interest: Andrew House, executive vice president, Sony Computer Entertainment America, responsible for the game content lineup, brand management and advertising of the Playstation 1 and 2 consoles.
- Game Design track: Neil Young, vice president and executive in charge of production, Electronic Arts who is currently leading the development of "The Lord of the Rings" games.
- Visual arts: Phil Tippet, founder of Tippet Studios, visual effects supervisior on such feature films as: The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Jurassic Park.
"The GDC is the gravity point for the creation of games and interactive entertainment," said Alan Yu, director, Game Developers Conference. "The 2004 GDC speaker program is headed by the most respected names in the field, people who set the agenda for the game industry."
For a complete list of GDC 2004 event information visit http://www.gdconf.com.
About the CMP Game Group
The most trusted provider of essential information and community to the professional Game industry, the CMP Game Group includes the Game Developers Conference, Game Developer magazine, Gamasutra.com, the Independent Games Festival, and the Game Developers Choice Awards. For more information, please visit http://www.cmpgame.com .
About CMP Media LLC
CMP Media LLC ( www.cmp.com ) is a leading integrated media company providing essential information and marketing services to the entire technology spectrum-the builders, sellers and users of technology worldwide. Capitalizing on its editorial strength, CMP is uniquely positioned to offer marketers comprehensive, integrated media solutions tailored to meet their individual needs. Its diverse products and services include newspapers, magazines, Internet products, research, direct marketing services, education and training, trade shows and conferences, and custom publishing.