Welcome to GameVision SDK, a 2D rendering API for PC's running Microsoft Windows. This release is aimed specifically at Direct3D with 3D hardware.
The GameVision SDK is feature complete and can easily create any type of 2D game with D3D for rendering. GameVision 1.x powered our game FreeStrike.
GV was designed to be easy to use, robust and feature rich and should be easy to use in your projects.
GVSDK 2004 retains the best features of GVSDK4 and enhances them. You no longer have to preallocate resources at startup. All GV resources are still tracked and managed however and will be released on shutdown. The backend has been unified and the SDK will operate on the principle of a 32bit frame buffer accessible from both windowed and fullscreen mode. 32bit textures with alpha which makes getting data in/out much simpler and the whole thing tied together around general XML data configuration.
I plan to release beta builds in point increments leading up to the 1.0.0 release.
[ FEATURES ]
* Uses Direct3D 9 for fast 2D rendering
* Pure API core using the stdcall convention
* 32 bit textures
* Free scaling, rotation, alpha blending and other special effects
* Windowed and fullscreen modes
* Wav and MP3 audio
* Unified backend, simplified frontend
* Can be used from Delphi, C/C++, VB or any compiler that supports standard DLLs.
* Will ship initially with Delphi and VC6 bindings
* Lua for scripting
* XML data configuration
* Robust and feature rich
* Interfaces include:
LogFile, Error, CmdLine, Color, Timer, RezFile, App, AppWindow,
Input, RenderDevice, Texture, Font, Audio, Math, Dialog, Stream,
* And much more
[ SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ]
* Pentium class CPU, 366Mhz
* At least 64MB of RAM
* 20MB of free Hard Drive space
* Microsoft Windows 9x, 2000, ME, XP (NT is not supported )
* Any language that supports DLL loading, such as Delphi and VC6
* DirectX 9b summer runtime
* Direct3D compliant 3D video card that can do 3D in a window
* DirectSound compliant audio card (optional)
[ THIS RELEASE ]
* No documentation
* Minimal examples
[ DOWNLOAD ]
Visit the download section at http://www.jarroddavis.com