I've been thinking about this for a while. Microsoft has removed all ancient versions of their DirectX SDK from their servers.
I myself have a few uses for those versions, and I know other people are (almost) desperately seeking working links to download those SDK's. Older SDK can allow many things. One example is the creation of wrappers to revive/fix old games and make them work on modern systems.
Anyhow, I myself possess a few such SDK - just not all.
What I do have, I'll share with anybody wanting a copy.
I just don't possess a webspace to upload these packages to. And that's when I thought about DevMaster.net
Maybe this website could be interested in providing a free repository for older SDKs?
Maybe other users here have what I miss and we can collectively reconstitute the full list?
This is what I have:
- DirectX 1.0 SDK -- (Beta, and Win95 only)
- DirectX 2.0a SDK -- (Win95 only)
- DirectX 3.0 SDK-- (Win95 only)
- DirectX 6.1 SDK -- (4.46 MB -- should be just headers and libs. No samples)
- DirectX 6.1 SDK -- FULL (english)
- DirectX 7.0 SDK -- FULL (english)
- DirectX 8.0 SDK -- for VB6 only (language [[color=#00FF00]I[/color][color=\#D3D3D3]T[/color][color=\#FF0000]A[/color]])
- DirectX 8.0 SDK -- FULL (english)
- DirectX 8.0a SDK -- FULL (english)
- DirectX 8.1 SDK -- FULL (english)
- DirectX 9.0c (March 2008) -- FULL (english)
Let me know.
Ciao ciao : )
~~Anybody can find a working link for dx61sdkimage.exe (71.74 MB)?
That would be the real 6.1 SDK, not the 4.46 MB thing I have.~~
Nevermind. I found the .zip equivalent (71.1 MB)
wow now i can get my old vet 60 back out and do some shaders in assembler 1.1