tony_nguyen at December 6th, 2005 10:00 — #1
Description Company Overview: Darkroom Studios is an independent software development company geared toward providing solutions for independent and professional game developers.
Game Overview: Lawmaker is our first project that will immerse players into the chaos of the 19th century gold rush as Colt Kaufman. As Colt Kaufman you will fight your way through the degenerative struggle for money, power, and revenge in the western FPS Lawmaker.
Technology Overview: Darkroom Studios provides a complete gaming development solution called the Lawmaker Game Engine (formerly known as the Omnibus Technology Suite). The Lawmaker Game Engine is a cross-platform high performance real-time 3D engine developed specifically for current and next generation games. Whether it is developing for the games of today and/or the games of the future - The Lawmaker Game Engine has been engineered with the needs of the developers and the demands of gamers worldwide. It also has benefits of providing a custom solution to a wide range of vertical applications that employ virtual reality systems, multimedia presentations and educational software. With the Lawmaker Game Engine, a development team and/or publisher is free to focus on the game design rather than the costly research and development cycle required to build a cutting-edge 3D engine.
Technology High Level Features:
• High performance real-time 3D rendering driven by an API independent graphics layer currently supporting Direct3D.
• Platform independence and Unicode support for easy localization.
• Advance Scene management system for seamless indoor and outdoor worlds.
• Character modeling and animation using skeletal and morph target animation.
• Particle system (CPU and GPU based) for advance visual effects.
• Optimized fast 3D math and container template libraries.
• Early ODE physics integration that allows for features such as ragdoll, rigid body integration and vehicles.
• Audio support using DirectX.
• Server\Client network system that allows for multiplayer network support.
• Shader system that supports both the fixed-function rendering system in DirectX and new shader based system (support vs1.1 – 3.0, ps.1.1 – ps.1.4 and HLSL).
• Terrain system that allows both ROAM-like rendering and fast static heightmap rendering.
• Full Lua\Luabind integration for complete game scripting experience using OOP.
• API level abstraction between the various core components.
• Real-time data content update during game time development.
For more information regarding the Lawmaker Game Engine, please visit [www.darkroomstudios.com](www.darkroomstudios.com).
stodge at December 6th, 2005 20:22 — #2
I misread it as LawnMaker!
The Engine Licensing link on your site takes you to the Technology page.
tony_nguyen at December 8th, 2005 12:06 — #3
Good Question Stodge. We are currently finalizing Lawmaker and plan to package the Lawmaker Game Engine for commercial use for independent and professional game developers. In the next couple months, we plan on showcasing tutorials and videos of our game and development tools (i.e., The Lawmaker Game Engine) on our web-site. Please register on our web-site ([www.darkroomstudios.com](www.darkroomstudios.com)) for updates regarding Lawmaker and our technology suite.
We just added a forum on our web-site if you have any technical questions regarding our tools.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
methulah at December 10th, 2005 02:25 — #4
Looking great. Has a nice look about it.
julietteklonk at January 5th, 2010 06:16 — #5
alphadog at January 5th, 2010 09:15 — #6
You do realize the post is FOUR YEARS OLD?!?