NeoAxis Group Ltd has released a new version of the universal environment for 3D project development NeoAxis 3D Engine 2.0. This new version includes many improvements as well as significant changes in technology licensing.
NeoAxis 3D Engine is an integrated development environment of 3D projects of any type and complexity. The environment is intended for use in such areas as the creation of video games, te development of simulators, the development of virtual reality and visualization software. It includes a full set of tools for fast and logical development of modern 3D projects.
With version 2.0, one of the editions of the technology is now completely free. The engine logo in the corner of the screen has been removed, as well as some restrictions. Paid licenses have also been updated, there are 4 editions:
Free Edition — free full development environment, which includes most of the engine features such as quality dynamic shadows, landscape editor, soft particles, modern full-screen effects such as High Dynamic Range, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Light Scattering, Lens Flares, and many other features.
Professional Edition — license for professional developers. More features, bigger access to the source code of the engine components.
Unlimited Edition — license includes all the features of the engine. Bigger access to the source code of the engine component. It includes the full source code of the engine tools.
Source Edition — includes full source code of the engine.
Read more about licensing the technology
New Major Features
- Tools user interface has been thoroughly updated and revised. Added large icons, ability to change fonts and more.
- The ability to create add-ons for the Resource Editor and Map Editor has been greatly improved. TExamples add-on creation have been added.
- New components system has been added. Now the structure of the engine contains core files and a set of separated optional components. With the new components system, it's now much easier for developers to expand the engine and it's tools. In the future NeoAxis Group will open a Component Store to allow easy components exchange and market for developers.
- The editor's transformation tool has been fully updated. Now it is more convenient, informative and features more customization options.
- Starting with version 2.0 sll editions of the engine now include64-bit versions of editors and applications.
- The ohysics system of the engine has been significantly redesigned and optimized. The latest version of NVIDIA PhysX 3.2.1 is now integrated and features fast multithreaded calculation.
- Realistic car physics at the level of simulators were added.
- Support for first person animated models of weapon and hands.
- Screen Space Ambient Occclusion has been improved.
- Support for Autodesk 3dsMax 2014, Autodesk 3dsMax 2014 Design, Autodesk Maya 2014 has been added. Much faster exporting.
- Big changes in the sound system of the engine. Logically clear setting of the sound rolloff depending on the distance. Better performance on scenes with large amount of sounds.
- Brand new fast scene graph implementation based on Octree.
Read more about new features
- Open the Component Store, an online service for easy sharing and selling of extensions of the engine and content for 3D projects.
- Add the missing advanced technologies, such as Deferred Rendering, Background Streaming and others.
- Write complete documentation for the use of technology.
- In long time perspective add the ability to run application created by the technology on mobile platforms, Linux and another platforms.