cofenberg at December 4th, 2010 04:00 — #1
Description I just released a new version of the PixelLight dungeon demo (Image of the Day of the previous version).
- Added Imrod model by Dmitry Parkin (thanks for the permission to use this really cool model)
- Usage of LATC2 and LATC1 high quality normal map and luminance map compression
- Added blur post process effect when the ingame GUI is visible
- Added pull post process effect when using the mouse to interact with physics objects
- Added old film post process effect blended in at certain parts of the scene
- Performance improvements
Direct link to the current dungeon demo V1.1:
PixelLight dungeon demo (Windows) PixelLight dungeon demo (Linux)
I also uploaded a [video](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhI7l5iCxbY") showing how the final image is composed.
rouncer at December 4th, 2010 08:44 — #2
thats really great! would love to see it in action tho, i mean its nice to get a fly through but if people were chopping each other up it would be amazing. This is the best thing ive seen yet on devmaster!
really nice ambience, definitely bringing a dark doungeon to life.
vilem_otte at December 5th, 2010 08:42 — #3
It does look good indeed! I'm about to try it on my Linux here (Debian based one).
Tried and it worked ... although, it was running at some 10 - 14 fps on Radeon HD 5470 (gonna try it at home on HD 6800). E.g. for effects it has rather poor performance.
Anyway atmosphere is good, very good (although sort of parallax mapping and noisy SSAO is tearing it somewhere). I would pre-bake indirect lighting also as it would look damn cool in this, pre bake into mesh. Travelling through corridors in demo is also too long (I was a bit boring during it) - of course if I would go through there in sort of dungeon I wouldn't be. Maybe a cut or two would make it much better (but that would me more like making a movie ofc).
All in all I like it! Keep up the good work.