Description PPTactical (Pure Power Tactical) is an engine for real-time strategy/real-time tactics game, released under LGPL.
A short feature list:
* compiles with a variety of compilers (bcb6, msvc, borland builderx, g++) on various platforms (windows,solaris, macosx, linux)
* various unit classes, both ground and air: infantry, tanks, artillery, recons, transporters, fighters, helicopters, dropships
* huge buildings with masks for pathfinding and altitude
* scripts that control the missions, the group behaviour (battlegroups) and are used to implement AI on a per-unit basis
* highly customizable with lots of tools (map editor, unit editors)
The 0.9.6 version has several small improvements over previous version (0.9.5):
* ecosystem generator for the map editor
* curve editor, used for the ecosystem generator and the particle system
* customizable view and fire points for each unit class
* battlegroup scripting (with two maps showing boids and formation movement)
* MacOsX port
And, finally, a fully scripted and playable mission is available, just to show the engine capabilities.
PPTactical at Sourceforge PPTactical Home