Description This is a still from my raytracer that I developed for a module at university. This chess scene is one of the more geometrically complex scenes that I rendered, with those pieces being in the range of 10,000 to 30,000 triangles.
Some of the features (what I can remember off the top of my head!)...
* Completely pluggable design, so varying scene, camera etc. types can be used.
* Fully recursive raytracing
* Anti-aliasing (quincunx and jittered grid)
* Soft shadows produced by area lights
* Normal mapping
* AA Spatial binary trees for individual objects
* Bilinear texture filtering
* Materials supporting diffuse, specular, reflection, transparency, emission and normal maps.
* Animation of objects, cameras, lights and material properties.
* ...and other small features.
My website hasn't been updated with all the screenshots and videos, so not much point providing a link. Anyway, hope you like the render!!