Thanks for your suggestions.
1) Articles layout == gamedev layout which are too dull (and devmaster even cross-links to articles on gamedev)
- This has been pointed out a couple of times. It will be changed very soon. The whole layout of the articles will be very unique. As for the cross-linking, I agree with your point. The main reason for cross-linking was because initially we didn't have any articles. But since now we have quite a few number of articles, they could be removed and maybe added to an "External Resources" category.
2) General site layout, it seems as if the site was built with a "Site building template" of some sort.
- This is not true. The site has been built from scratch. Just look at the 3D Engines Database and tell me how you can build that using a "site builder". What exactly do you dislike about the layout?
3) The forum is too divided. I'm pretty sure people don't visit each sections all the time and so many helpfull answers can be missed.
- What forums would you remove? As NomadRock mentioned, you can easily view the new posts by clicking on the "View New Posts" in the top-right (only for registered users) OR by clicking on "Active Topics" located in the bottom-right in the main forums page (for all users - no need to be registered).
4) where's the IOTD? smile.gif
5) where's the COTD? smile.gif
4-5. I couldn't find a better answer than anubis's answer above I think this is a potential feature once DevMaster is more active. However, if implemented, something unique must be presented, not just copy from other sites.
6) the articles seems to be writen very fast, they don't have a lot of depth in them (ok I know it's more a content problem and the site is young...)
As explained before, this is due to the the fact that this site is young and it wouldn't be benefitial if we reject all articles. We do have a number of high-quality articles though. However, as we get more artciles, we will be more selective. How about you contribute and help that change?
explained in #1