- SoLoud "ELF" release
- Critical bug fix: process was sometimes left hanging at application quit.
- Audio instance creation moved outside the audio thread mutex (some instance creation may take quite a bit of time, causing stutter)
- Wav/wavstream now can report length of the stream in seconds via getLength()
- Filter interface has simplified parameter handling to make writing new filters easier
- Lo-fi filter
- Libmodplug audio source for various formats (669, abc, amf, ams, dbm, dmf, dsm, far, it, j2b, mdl, med, mid, mod, mt2, mtm, okt, pat, psm, ptm, s3m, stm, ult, umx, xm, as well as wider support for wav files).
- SFXR audio source for old school sound effects
- Greatly simplified init pattern; no need (if you don't want) to care about which back-end to use
- Dynamic linking of most back-ends
- "C" API code generator
- DLL based on the "C" API
- Misc smaller fixes, cppcheck fixes and reorganization
The "SLF" milestone release is out now.
- New demo: "space", demonstrating visualization data from different parts of the pipeline
- New demo: "pew pew", demonstrating difference between play() and playClocked()
- New filter: flanger
- New way to play sounds: playClocked() for rapidly-launched sounds, to make it so all sounds don't start from the beginning of a sound buffer
- Loop count query added
- Voice groups to command several voices in one atomic operation
- A lot of variable type changes:
- Defined error codes, and several functions return error codes now.
- Time variable type changed from float to double
- Typedefs for handles, time, result codes
- Plenty of "int" -> "unsigned int" changes, some ints changed to bools
- A lot of work on code generation and wrappers:
- Codegen now also outputs soloud_codegen.py with all data needed to generate wrappers
- Python wrapper generator
- Python API
- Other changes that affect your code:
- stopSound() renamed to stopAudioSource(). Audio sources also got a new stop() function that stops all instances.
- Echo filter now has an optional low pass filter to make more "natural" echoes
- Default post-clip scaler upped from 0.5 to 0.95
- New songs for multimusic, changed multimusic to use voice groups
- Regarding builds:
- Redesigned the mechanism by which different backends are included in the build, controlled mainly through premake
- Many new premake options
- "nondyn" SDL build added which links to SDL directly, for special needs such as emscripten
- sdl2 dll may work now (mutex functions were renamed from SDL to SDL2, audio API should be almost the same)
- And, under the hood:
- Side project - resamplerlab - to make writing new resamplers easier, with some experimental resamplers
- Some work towards osx, linux compatibility
- FFT code moved to its own source so it can be more easily replaced in the future
- Changed mixer fixed point from 16.16 to 12.20
- Various small fixes, as usual.
And now SoLoud "ULF" release is out.
3d (positional) audio interfaces
Including positions, doppler, etc
New demo: 3dtest, a simple test of the positional audio
More foreign interfaces
c# (c sharp)
Lots more documentation and little bug fixes here and there.