I'm roaming the internet for the last few weeks looking for a 2d/2.5d mmorpg engines. I've checked out the engines database on this site and on the wikipedia. And pretty much all engines that i could find, that appear to be close to what i need, but i cant seem to locate a engine that satisfies my requirements.
Me and my graphics designer were developing a browser based rpg, but we would like the sequel to be a application rather than browser based game.
We're looking to create a classic jrpg game look (top down view, real time battles), similar to the first zelda games, phantasy star series (sega genesis) and other similar games.
The main features i would like to have are:
- engine/framework that is designed from the start to be used in mmorpgs
- ultimately a 2.5d, 2d over d3d engine
- with possibility of including the source code (open source by default, or via payment)
- free or up to 500\\$ in cost, or some kind of revenue sharing
- preferably a c# or c++ based client. C++ based server.
- with scripting engine, lua or custom
Oh and if the engine is closed source, the more features it has the better
That's pretty much all!
Thanks in advance for your responses!