Hi, my name is Gru and I am the head of Ennoble Studios. I have 2 Steam-published games behind me, 3+ years in Unity programming (C#), 5+ years in IT/software employment, asset store developer...
I am looking for a game designer that is reliable and willing to help with the project from the starting phases. You would be assigned certain tasks relating to game design and would not be involved in writing code. The game will go on Desktop platforms and will be published on Steam. If you are free and willing to commit seriously to something (6-12 months scale) then I believe this is a great opportunity for any designer to start fresh in a supportive and focused environment. I am looking for serious people willing to commit at least 20 hrs/week to the game.
Though a game designer should be well rounded, the game will have strategy and TD elements and I am expecting somebody with solid understanding of these genres.
I'm not often on this forum, let me know if you're interested on pcbastion[at]gmail[dot]com
You can find a bit more data about us on my site. If you aren't quite sure if this is the right place for you, don't hesitate to send me an email and I'll answer your questions.
Game Designer Tasks:
- Conceptual game design
- Design documentation, creation of GDD and similar documents
- Level design
- Prototype development
- Quality Assurance testing
- Collaborative group work on an existing platform
- Creation of game mechanics and systems
- Developing and balancing game mechanics
- Creation of additional gameplay elements, such as achievements, upgrades, perks etc.
- Interface conceptual design and testing, both in game and in the menus
- Creative/narrative writing
- Creation of game characters, backstory, dialogue, plot
- Campaign level design with focus on pacing and introduction of gameplay elements
Game Designer Skills:
- Be imaginative and creative.
- Ability to communicate the vision clearly, on paper or verbally. Ability to articulate it both in terms of crucial game mechanics and tasks required to complete the working. Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, in different time zones.
- Be able to accept constructive feedback on the work. Be able to adjust the vision and iterate based on circumstances.
- Have good basic visual design and drawing skills.
- Be fluent in Unity engine.
- Possess a thorough understanding of game play theory.
- Have storytelling and narrative development skills.
- Be skilled in information design and user interface design.
- Be able to think systematically and strategically.