Hi, my name is Gru and I am the head of Ennoble Studios (2 Steam games, http://www.ennoble-studios.com/).
I am currently between projects and looking to complete a core team. Currently there's me (programmer, 3+ years in Unity, 5+ years in IT/software employed, asset store developer) and also an experienced 3D artist (several steam games, art lead and consultation on big projects).
We are looking for a game designer that is reliable and willing to help with the project from ground up. The game will go on Desktop platforms and will be published on Steam (I have the publisher ready). If you are free and willing to commit seriously to something (~6 months scale) then I believe this is a great opportunity for any designer to start with a capable team working on the project from the start.
We have a few ideas that we're brainstorming currently, but nothing is set in stone.
We are looking both for a Designer and Promoter.
Game Designer Tasks:
- Conceptual game design
- Design documentation, creation of GDD and similar documents
- Level design
Quality Assurance testing
Collaborative group work
Creation of game mechanics and systems
- Developing and balancing game mechanics
Creation of additional gameplay elements, such as achievements, upgrades, perks etc.
Interface conceptual design and testing, both in game and in the menus
- Creation of game characters, backstory, dialogue, plot
- Campaign level design with focus on pacing and introduction of gameplay elements
Game Designer Skills:
- Be imaginative and creative.
- Ability to communicate the vision clearly, on paper or verbally. Ability to articulate it both in terms of crucial game mechanics and tasks required to complete the working. Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, in different time zones.
- Be able to accept constructive feedback on the work. Be able to adjust the vision and iterate based on circumstances.
- Have good basic visual design and drawing skills.
- Be fluent in Unity engine. Understand the basics of scripting.
- Possess a thorough understanding of game play theory.
- Have storytelling and narrative development skills.
- Be skilled in information design and user interface design.
- Be able to think systematically and strategically.
Game Promoter Tasks:
- Promoter: talking to the public, presenting the game, answering questions etc.
- Making up and posting news, screenshots and stories on the channels, Twitter and Facebook.
- Editing gameplay screenshots and videos.
Game Promoter Skills:
- Be talkative and enthusiastic. Have good people skills. Ability to be polite and patient.
- Optional: Have other languages fluent in besides English.
- Ability to communicate the cool and unique features to gamers.
- Be able to stay current with development of the game and able to present the new features constantly.
We are looking for serious people willing to commit at least 20 hrs/week to the game.
I'm not often on this forum, let me know if you're interested on pcbastion[at]gmail[dot]com
You can find a bit more data about us on my site.