I am looking for an engine for a game I would like to create. I have looked into a few different engines and I have not found one that suites my needs for what I am trying to do. My game is going to be a space sci-fi saga that involves going to different planets and traveling different galaxies and solar systems in a RPG bird's eye view. If you are familiar with the game "Star Flight" then you kind of have an idea of what I am talking about. Along with this I am looking to have random encounters with different aliens while traveling in space. Of course most of these would be battles between the hero's ship and the opposing space ships that are facing the hero.
I have made a list of different features that I am looking to have for this game. Almost all of these are features that I need for this game. The list of features is as followed below,
· Disembark & embark from/to Mother ship at anytime while flying in space.
· Able to buy new ships and accessories for ships. (I.E. Shields, engines, weapons, and other things)
· Able to buy and upgrade weapons while on foot in game. (I.E. while traveling on planet with main hero, you are able to buy and upgrade weapons)
· 2D side view action fight screen. (I.E. like the old school street fighter style gaming. These will be used for bigger fights for bosses.)
· Bird's eye view while travel on foot on-planet.
· 2.5D graphics for planet view and rotatable camera. (Mostly rotatable camera for travel thru metropolitan cities with skyscrapers.)
· Changeable clothes for hero that can be changed throughout game.
· Changing weapons and holding them on foot is visible.
· Planets have a rotating orbit around star in solar system view.
· Filter for planets. The color of the filter changes due to the main color of the star in the solar system and the planets atmosphere. (I.E. one planet may have a sepia tone to it while another planet may have a dark red tone.)
· The ability of having day and night.
· Different weather changes. (I.E. Snow, rain, sandstorms.
· Being able to import images from Photoshop to tile the game.
· Cut scene movies made in-game and out of game.
· A leveling system based on hero's progress with the game and experience gained. (Wanting to form this leveling system like how it was done in Skyrim.)
· Having different power moves which will be non-weapon for on-foot hero. (These will be based off of experienced gained and if the power meter is full enough to perform the specific move.)
· Having different terrains. (I.E. Hills, mountains, and rocks.
· Able to buy/sell objects in game.
· Able to create swords and other objects.
· Having random spawning space ships and opposing soldiers that are area and game progress controlled.
· Vibrant lighting. (Having lighting areas as in a street light at night will only portray light in a certain zone.)
· Ability to land smaller space fighter ship on different places on the planet desired. (Most these places will be predestined places on the planet)
· Ability to cross platform this game for different gaming consoles, just not on computers only.
· Online play. (Can come later with expansions.)
· Being able to have expansions and keep saved game progression that play will have already done.
· Having companion NPC's to follow hero and help hero during fights.
· Ability through game progress to translate alien languages. (Automatically done when language is learned.)
So these are the different things that I am looking for. Most of all of them are necessary things that would be vital for this game to have. So if anyone has an idea of an engine that will work for this game please let me know. Thank you very much.