frenom at February 18th, 2013 09:52 — #1
I want to make a game but it is quite complex and I want to know if all I need this in devmaster:
- can i make this real-time game and not in the middle ages?
- can i make the characters to be hidden in a particular place?
- can the character lift things from the floor to use in a fight?
- can the character lift objects from the floor to build something?
- can i make the character build things like weapons, potions or a car?
- can i make the character to pay to find a place?
- can i change the way you fight to avoid being like the final fantasy's mode?
- can i get money from the enemies?
- can i put prices on everything I want?
- can i make some game characters give me missions and getting paid for them?
- can i put people to work in different places and therefore give me resources?
- can i have a team to follow me?
If you can, explain how to do all this things. thank you for your answers
v71 at February 18th, 2013 10:09 — #2
Those answers are not relative to devmaster or any other game development forums, basically you are looking for information on how to make your dream game, i think the most correct question would be which language do i need to make this game ? which engine ?
My best guess , would be Unity and c# , but if you want a deeper understanding i'd say c++ and directx or opengl , but this requires a considerable amount of work before seeing anything on screen.