I want to make a game but it is quite complex and I want to know if all I need this in devmaster:
- can i make this real-time game and not in the middle ages?
- can i make the characters to be hidden in a particular place?
- can the character lift things from the floor to use in a fight?
- can the character lift objects from the floor to build something?
- can i make the character build things like weapons, potions or a car?
- can i make the character to pay to find a place?
- can i change the way you fight to avoid being like the final fantasy's mode?
- can i get money from the enemies?
- can i put prices on everything I want?
- can i make some game characters give me missions and getting paid for them?
- can i put people to work in different places and therefore give me resources?
- can i have a team to follow me?
If you can, explain how to do all this things. thank you for your answers
Those answers are not relative to devmaster or any other game development forums, basically you are looking for information on how to make your dream game, i think the most correct question would be which language do i need to make this game ? which engine ?
My best guess , would be Unity and c# , but if you want a deeper understanding i'd say c++ and directx or opengl , but this requires a considerable amount of work before seeing anything on screen.